Our firm’s mission is only possible through our employees. We are committed to fostering a culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and personal growth. We offer generous benefits and PTO, as well as flexible hours and the option to choose where you work best, whether that be in the office or at home.
We’re always looking for top talent to join our team – explore our open careers.
Job Title: Infrastructure Manager (Microsoft 365)
Reports To: Sr. Director of Project Management / PMO
Division / Department: Operations / Information Technology
Exemption Status: Exempt
Supports as needed: All departments
Location: Remote, Hybrid or In-Office - Akron, Canton or Beachwood, Ohio
Job Type: Full-time
AGP’s information technology team supports a multi-faceted, growing organization.
The Infrastructure Manager’s role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of Apple Growth Partner’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links.
Our firm is committed to our people, our clients, and our communities through authenticity, world-class service, and taking care of each other. In taking care of each other, we provide excellent benefits and empower our employees to choose where they work best.
This position requires an experienced professional, with an appetite to grow professionally and who has a clear track record of understanding servers and networks, data organization, and both hard and software. An ideal candidate will also have management experience, budget and recruitment experience, business analytics experience or administration, and vendor and client relations. We look for candidates that have a high desire to work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, coaching colleagues, and promoting open and honest communication. And above all else, we look for candidates that have the courage to do the right thing and be a leader others can look up to.
The Infrastructure Manager role reports directly to the Senior Director of Project Management and will work on an IT team of four other individuals (two help desk support specialists, power platform and database administrator and systems administrator). This position will also work closely with all the members of the Professional Services team (departments: tax, audit & advisory, quality control, and business valuation). The position qualifies for our work from anywhere program.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
Azure Active Directory Administration
Network infrastructure support and maintenance
Datacenter infrastructure support and maintenance
Microsoft 365 Administration
Domain and Certificate renewal and issuance
End user and office equipment
Renewals and licensing
Ongoing and Planned Projects/Improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Strong understanding of other Microsoft online services suite and on-premises technologies including Azure, Active Directory, ADFS, group policy, DNS, and Security
- Excellent business writing, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Expert ability to effectively work independently or collaboratively amongst various teams with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Ability to withhold highly confidential information at all times.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication style and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to set and manage priorities.
- Team oriented, operating with a high level of integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adjust quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Maintain a positive perspective when faced with uncertainty.
Summary Education and Experience Requirements
Any combination of education and experience, which would likely produce the necessary knowledge and abilities, is qualifying. An example of acceptable qualifications would be:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Systems or business discipline
or equivalent experience (8+years)
· Certifications in SQL, and Data Warehousing.
· 2 years in an Infrastructure management role
· 5 years in related role like Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, Exchange Online or similar on premises technologies
· 5 or more years of SQL server database experience in database administration, including experience installing, configuring, designing, patching, archiving, and monitoring to include performance tuning databases with indexing.
· Ability to navigate various third-party vendor API’s (Adobe, QuickBooks, etc.).
· Experience with query tuning and troubleshooting.
· Working knowledge of database querying and management tools.
· Experience running and creating SQL reports and complex SQL Queries.
· Experience in data warehouse design.
· Please note any knowledge and proficiency in CCH (unique to public accounting firms) applications on resume/application.
This position qualifies for the AGP Work from Anywhere program, allowing this position to choose where they work from best. Work hours must align with eastern time zone (8am-5pm). Travel may be required based on business demands and when the individual feels it is safe to do so (specifically related to COVID-19), less than 5%.
The employee regularly must be able to complete the following activities during his/her job: walking, talking, typing, hearing within normal ranges, and repetitive motion.
Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable);
Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Apple Growth Partners has declared and enforces a policy of providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to ensure that employees are selected, developed, and promoted based upon the individual’s ability and job performance. In conjunction with the objectives of the policy and in accordance with the various local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations applicable to equal employment opportunity, AGP is committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category on the following basis:
• Recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting persons in all job titles, without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category.
• Basing decisions on employment so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.
• Ensuring that promotion decisions are in accord with principles of equal employment opportunity by imposing only valid requirements on promotional opportunities.
• Ensuring that personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, Firm sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, social, and recreation programs are administered without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category.
EMPLOYEES WITH SUGGESTIONS OR UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS RELATING TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT SHOULD FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list