Our firm’s mission is only possible through our employees. We are committed to fostering a culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and personal growth. We offer generous benefits and PTO, as well as flexible hours and the option to choose where you work best, whether that be in the office or at home.
We’re always looking for top talent to join our team – explore our open careers.
Job Title: Finance Specialist – Accounts Receivable
Reports To: Senior Director of Finance
Division / Department: Operations / Finance
Exemption Status: Salary Non- Exempt
Supports as needed: Sr. Dir. Of Finance, Assistant Dir. Of Finance, Finance Specialists in Payroll, AP and Billing
Location: Akron, OH
Job Type: Full-time
The Finance Specialist – Accounts Receivable reports directly to the Senior Director of Finance and supports the Finance & Accounting team which manages all company finances. The ideal candidate is fluent and has proven success in A/P, A/R, budgeting, collections, data entry, invoicing, process improvement, and Microsoft Excel. Additionally, the Finance Specialist – Accounts Receivable is the primary back up to support the A/P and billing specialist.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serve as AP backup as needed
Accounts Receivable / Collections
- Scans daily deposits to bank
- Posts daily deposits to correct client account (payments include check, credit card, cash and ACH)
- Produces monthly client statements
- Effective and efficient account resolution
- Maintains the policy for the companies collections process and leads policy changes and improvements as necessary
- Primary liaison between clients, professional staff and finance team
- Ability to resolve client and staff questions regarding invoicing, payment application, disputes, etc.
- Serves as the billing backup as needed
- In charge of expense report process
- Ensure proper expense reports approvals and controls are in place and adhered too
- Ensure proper GL coding
- Ensure timely (within 5 days) processing of payroll processing date
Other key areas
- Assist with budget process as assigned
- Active participation in the identification, research, design, and implementation of process improvement initiatives
- Ability to automate and streamline processes for maximum efficiency
- Perform other finance department duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- Proficiency with Microsoft computers and software.
- Ability to produce reports/graphs/charts/tables in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills along with effective time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Customer focused and team oriented, high integrity and honesty.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
SUMMARY EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Any combination of education and experience, which would likely produce the necessary knowledge and abilities, is qualifying. An example of acceptable qualifications would be:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in business or accounting from an accredited college or university is required.
- Solid data entry skills.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Minimum of three (3) years of accounts receivable and collections experience
This position is located at the office of Apple Growth Partners, 1540 W. Market Street, Akron, OH 44313
The employee regularly must be able to complete the following activities in the course of his/her job: walking, talking, typing, hearing within normal ranges, and repetitive motion. Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable);Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Apple Growth Partners has declared and enforces a policy of providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to ensure that employees are selected, developed, and promoted based upon the individual’s ability and job performance. In conjunction with the objectives of the policy and in accordance with the various local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations applicable to equal employment opportunity, AGP is committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category on the following basis:
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting persons in all job titles, without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category.
- Basing decisions on employment so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.
- Ensuring that promotion decisions are in accord with principles of equal employment opportunity by imposing only valid requirements on promotional opportunities.
- Ensuring that personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, Firm sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, social, and recreation programs are administered without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category.
EMPLOYEES WITH SUGGESTIONS OR UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS RELATING TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT SHOULD FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list