Our firm’s mission is only possible through our employees. We are committed to fostering a culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and personal growth. We offer generous benefits and PTO, as well as flexible hours and the option to choose where you work best, whether that be in the office or at home.
We’re always looking for top talent to join our team – explore our open careers.
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist (Help Desk)
Reports To: Sr. Dir. - Project Management Office and works collaboratively with entire IT Team
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Division / Department: Operations / IT
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Northeast Ohio (Akron/Cleveland)
Apple Growth Partners (AGP) is a fast-growing accounting and advisory services Firm, with over 100 employees. AGP champions the healthy growth of our people, our clients, and our communities through authenticity, world-class service, and taking care of each other.
The Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist role is responsible for providing support, as needed, to resolve end-user issues. Support (help desk) activities will encompass the resolution of issues related to software, hardware, mobile, and other applications as needed. This role will need to have Basic LAN/WAN/Wireless network understanding troubleshooting abilities. Strong candidates will have 2+ years of Technical Support experience within a client-facing environment.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
· Help desk end-user support during and outside of core hours (primarily during busy season)
· Deploy and setup hardware (laptops, monitors, docks, meeting rooms, etc..) both on and off site (if needed)
· Offering technical experience on the deployment, delivery, configuration, set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems hardware and software
· Lead/assist with process documentation within the department
· Be acute to inefficiencies and work to improve processes for streamlining efficiencies
· Eventually train users on new processes/services by creating step-by-step training material with screenshots and videos for customers
· Organize resources so they are easy to locate
· Resolve customer issues with company products
· Maintain accurate records of interactions with customers and recurring issues
· Follow-up with customers as needed to ensure full resolution of issues
· Respond to queries either in-person, over the phone, or via remote access
· Escalate tickets to next level support as necessary
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
· Strong customer service skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A passion and ability/willingness to learn new technologies quickly
· Troubleshooting/problem solving- and research skills that translate to the ability to find solutions for customer issues when a solution is not immediately apparent
· Works well under pressure - Ability to work in fast paced and possibly stressful environment while maintaining professional demeanor
· Detail oriented
· Interest in automation, scripting, and process building
· Interest in data, BI and software development
· Ability to be able to work independently and within a team environment
Summary Education and Experience Required
Any combination of education and experience, which would likely produce the necessary knowledge and abilities, is qualifying. An example of acceptable qualifications would be:
- 1 – 2 years proven experience as a Help Desk Technician or other technical customer service role
- Microsoft 365: Modern Desktop Administrator Certification, preferred
- Microsoft Server Certifications, preferred
- Associate degree or technical training in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field required
- High School Diploma is required.
- Associates Degree is preferred.
This position qualifies for our Work from Anywhere program and requires the ability to travel to one of the AGP offices in Akron, Cleveland/Beachwood, or Canton on short notice to address urgent unexpected IT issues. This role can determine if they want to work primarily from one of AGP’s offices, primarily remote, or a hybrid approach allowing this position to follow a combined schedule of working from the office and from wherever they work best, as long as they have the ability to go to any of the physical offices as needed to address urgent IT related issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 10+ pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable);
Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list