Our firm’s mission is only possible through our employees. We are committed to fostering a culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and personal growth. We offer generous benefits and PTO, as well as flexible hours and the option to choose where you work best, whether that be in the office or at home.
We’re always looking for top talent to join our team – explore our open careers.
Job Title: Power Platform & Database Manager (Microsoft 365 & SQL)
Reports To: Sr. Director of Operations and Project Management Division / Department: Operations /
Exemption Status: Exempt
Supports as needed: All departments
Location: Remote, Hybrid or In-Office - Akron, Canton or Beachwood, Ohio
Job Type: Full-time
AGP’s information technology team supports a multi-faceted, growing organization. The position of
Power Platform and Database Administrator will develop, manage, and maintain Apple Growth Partners
(‘AGP’) Power Platform implementation (Microsoft’s Power Apps, Automate, BI, Dataverse, and Data
connectors) and associated Microsoft 365 configuration settings as well as existing on-prem and
cloud hosted Microsoft SQL database instances. This individual will develop and maintain
procedures with respect to Microsoft 365 and Power Platform according to industry standards and
the firm’s business needs, governance and policies. Additionally, this individual will manage the
design, configuration, security, licensing, monitoring and support for AGP’s Power Platform
environments and associated systems.
Our firm is committed to our people, our clients, and our communities through authenticity,
world-class service, and taking care of each other. In taking care of each other, we provide
excellent benefits and empower our employees to choose where they work best.
This position requires an experienced professional, with an appetite to grow professionally and who
has a clear track record of understanding Power Platform’s administration and development. An ideal
candidate will have demonstrated experience with process development, automation, databases
administration (Dataverse and Microsoft SQL) and various third-party API’s. We look for candidates
that have a high desire to work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to
quality, sharing responsibility, coaching colleagues, and promoting open and honest communication.
And above all else, we look for candidates that have the courage to do the right thing and be a
leader others can look up to.
The Power Platform and Database Administrator role reports directly to the Senior Director of
Project Management and will work on an IT team of three other individuals (two help desk support
specialists and one infrastructure expert). This position will also work closely with all the
members of the Professional Services team (departments: tax, audit & advisory, quality control, and
business valuation). The position qualifies for our work from anywhere program.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver services and solutions using the Microsoft Power Platform suite. (PowerApps, Power Automate, Power BI, and data
- Automate business functions with Power Automate.
- Use various connectors to connect disparate systems to Power Platform applications.
- Recommend and guide development of APIs for Line of Business applications that do not have native connectors.
- Identify areas and processes where Power Platform and Microsoft 365 can be better leveraged and facilitate process improvement.
- Design and maintain database systems.
- Monitor and analyze database performance to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Provide architecture designs, configurations, administration, and technical support for Power Platform services and integrations with
- Determine service and license requirements specific to the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Work with other departments to assist with process reengineering and make sure their processes are scalable
- Work in partnership with IT management to evangelize, define, build, secure and maintain AGP’s Power Platform infrastructure and
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to the configuration, implementation, governance, and policies and
procedures specific to Power Platform and associated integrations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft 365 with an emphasis on Power Platform including Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience with automation, process development, scripting, databases (data verse and
MSSQL), and various third-party API’s.
- Strong understanding of other Microsoft online services and on-premises technologies including Azure, Active Directory, SQL, and
networking fundamentals as it relates to Power Platform specifically.
- Proven experience designing and developing applications across Power Platform (Canvas, Model-Driven, Portals, Power Automate,
- Expert ability to effectively work independently or collaboratively amongst various teams with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent business and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team oriented, operating with a high level of integrity and honesty.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adjust quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic environment to meet objectives and
- Maintain a positive perspective when faced with uncertainty.
Summary Education and Experience Requirements
Any combination of education and experience, which would likely produce the necessary
knowledge and abilities, is qualifying. An example of acceptable qualifications would be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Systems or business discipline or equivalent experience (8+years)
- Certifications in Microsoft Power Platform, SQL, and Data Warehousing.
- 2 years in Power Platform role
- 5 years in related role like Microsoft 365, Power BI, SharePoint, Teams, Exchange Online or similar on premises technologies
- 5 or more years of SQL server database experience in database administration, including experience installing, configuring,
designing, patching, archiving, and monitoring to include performance tuning databases with indexing.
- Ability to navigate various third-party vendor API’s (Adobe, QuickBooks, etc.).
- Experience with query tuning and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of database querying and management tools.
- Experience running and creating SQL reports and complex SQL Queries.
- Experience in data warehouse design.
- Please note any knowledge and proficiency in CCH (unique to public accounting firms) applications on resume/application.
This position qualifies for the AGP Work from Anywhere program, allowing this position to choose
where they work from best. Work hours must align with eastern time zone (8am-5pm). Travel may be
required based on business demands and when the individual feels it is safe to do so
(specifically related to COVID-19), less than 5%.
The employee regularly must be able to complete the following activities during his/her job:
walking, talking, typing, hearing within normal ranges, and repetitive motion.
Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force
frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting
most of the time.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable);
Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Apple Growth P y of
providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to ensure that employees are selected, developed,
and promoted based upon the individual’s ability and job performance. In conjunction with the
objectives of the policy and in accordance with the various local, state, and federal laws, rules,
and regulations applicable to equal employment opportunity, AGP is committed to providing
employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any
other protected category on the following basis:
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting persons in all job titles, without regard
to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental
disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category.
- Basing decisions on employment so as to further the principle of equal
- Ensuring that promotion decisions are in accord with principles of equal
employment opportunity by imposing only valid requirements on promotional opportunities.
- Ensuring that personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs,
return from layoff, Firm sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, social, and
recreation programs are administered without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other
EMPLOYEES WITH SUGGESTIONS OR UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS RELATING TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT SHOULD FEEL FREE TO
CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER.
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list