June 25, 2020
The latest from the HHS website for Medicaid and CHIP providers:
Medicaid and CHIP Distribution
HHS expects to distribute $15 billion to eligible providers that participate in state Medicaid/CHIP programs or Medicaid managed care plans and have not yet received a payment from the Provider Relief Fund General Distribution allocation.
How are the payments for Medicaid and CHIP providers determined?
The payment to each provider will be at least 2 percent of reported gross revenue from patient care; the final amount each provider receives will be determined after the data is submitted, including information about the number of Medicaid patients providers serve.
Who is eligible for the Medicaid and CHIP distribution?
- Must not have received payment from the $50 billion General Distribution; and
- Must have directly billed Medicaid/CHIP programs or Medicaid managed care plans for healthcare-related services during the period of January 1, 2018, to December 31, 2019, or (ii) own (on the application date) an included subsidiary that has billed Medicaid for healthcare-related services during the period of January 1, 2018, to December 31, 2019; and
- Must have either (i) filed a federal income tax return for fiscal years 2017, 2018 or 2019 or (ii) be an entity exempt from the requirement to file a federal income tax return and have no beneficial owner that is required to file a federal income tax return. (e.g. a state-owned hospital or healthcare clinic); and
- Must have provided patient care after January 31, 2020; and
- Must not have permanently ceased providing patient care directly, or indirectly through included subsidiaries; and
- If the applicant is an individual, have gross receipts or sales from providing patient care reported on Form 1040, Schedule C, Line 1, excluding income reported on a W-2 as a (statutory) employee.
What to do if you are a Medicaid and CHIP eligible provider?
Providers must submit their gross revenues from patient care for CY 2017, or 2018 or 2019 by July 20, 2020. Before applying through the Enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal applicants should:
Read the Medicaid Provider Distribution Instructions – PDF
Download the Medicaid Provider Distribution Application Form – PDF
Apple Growth Partners’ published material provides general coverage of its subject area and is presented to the reader for educational purposes based on the most current regulatory information available at the time it was written. All communications, whether written or oral should be reaffirmed prior to the submission of any application. All information in this published material and on our website is provided in good faith; however, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, compliance with any law (federal, state or local) or professional standard or completeness of any information. We assume no responsibility to any recipient of this material to correct or update its contents for any reason, including changes in any law or professional standard. It is not intended to be audit, tax, accounting, advisory, consulting or investment advice. The information in this article is also not a substitute for legal advice and may not be suitable in a particular situation. Consult your attorney for legal advice.
Our articles, other published materials and website occasionally contain links to other web pages. Links to organizations and government agencies are provided as a convenience to our readers. The firm does not endorse and is not responsible for any third-party content that may be accessed from its website and does not recommend or endorse the use of any third-party’s services. The links are to be accessed at the user’s own risk, and the authors of this website make no representations or warranties about the content of these links.