“Healthy growth is planned and well-managed growth that strives to push the organization towards its goals, but not in a chaotic way.”
MY CLIENT PHILOSOPHY: Tax accountants are able to be passionate advocates for their clients and can clearly add value. A positive and productive relationship starts with hiring someone who cares about you and is detail oriented and thorough when learning about your business challenges and opportunities.
NOTABLE CLIENT SUCCESSES: At our Firm we have countless examples of eliminating tax surprises by advanced planning, reducing taxes by creative structures and ideas, helping clients grow by organizing advisory boards and facilitating smooth transitions via succession plans. We often receive great feedback or intangible compensation for a job well done. One client recently told me after our first meeting that he’d been looking for a firm like ours for 30 years. It doesn’t get any better than that.
OUT OF THE OFFICE: You’ll find me golfing, ballroom dancing, sailing and at the beach.
MY BUCKET LIST: I’ve been blessed to own a home with considerable acreage, raise three daughters, and take amazing trips such as a safari and a tour of Italy. Future goals include increasing my service though our church, and more travel to places like Napa Valley, Nantucket, and out west on a camping/hiking trip.
What are some issues within your specialty that are commonly overlooked or not addressed by clients? Timely follow-up is critical. That important process starts by taking detailed minutes of meetings, assigning tasks and establishing expected completion dates.
What are some of the most pressing issues facing your clients today? Many of my clients struggle with lack of capital and a shortage of talented, higher-level professionals. This results in staff doing more with less and many of their employees lack a deep understanding of financial areas.
MORE ABOUT DAVE GAINO
Organized + Good Listener + Thoughtful + Compassionate + Creative + Fun Loving
- Tax Compliance & Planning
- Succession Planning
- Real Estate & Construction
- Personal Financial Planning
- Business Advisory Boards
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration – Ohio University
- Master of Taxation – The University of Akron
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Personal Financial Planning division of AICPA
- Ohio University Alumni Committee- Past President
- Italian-American Professional Businessmen’s Club – Past Vice President
- Fairlawn Country Club – Past President
- Akron Symphony Orchestra – Past Vice President of Finance