“HEALTHY GROWTH IS NOT ALWAYS MEASURED BY MONEY. IT IS THE ABILITY TO SEE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE MARKET, IN THE EMPLOYEES, IN THE COMPETITION AND TO MAKE THE CORRECT DECISIONS. HEALTHY
GROWTH CREATES LONG-TERM VALUE.”
CLIENT PHILOSOPHY: I always start by discussing the client’s pains and how to reduce them. I suggest ways to improve the client’s procedures and reporting requirements. The most gratifying part of my role is helping clients enjoy their business successes.
MY GROWTH STRATEGY: I am fortunate to be able to work with many different types of clients, both for-profit and not-for-profit businesses, as well as individuals on estate and trust projects. I enjoy assisting companies with their growth plans and watching them be successful. Sustainable growth stems from thorough, proactive planning. Helping owners realize tax benefits and improve their quality of life, along with their employees, drives me.
PROVEN TRACK RECORD: In the trust and estate area, I was able to save many dollars utilizing unique rules for trusts and estates. I am able to help in this area with compassion and understanding.
What are some areas often overlooked by your clients? Not having an updated will or estate plan, not filing an estate tax return to elect portability and not using the 65 day distribution to minimize taxes.
What are the pressing issues facing businesses right now? Business succession plans especially for family businesses. Ever-changing tax laws including the Affordable Care Act. Internet competition for client’s products or services.
When I am not at work you can find me: Traveling to new places in the world and old favorites. I want to visit all continents and only have two left to see! You can also find me gardening in my backyard, reading, biking different trails in Ohio or whereever I can take my bike or learning a new language.
MORE ABOUT DEBBIE PETRONE
Caring + Timely + Trustworthy + Loyal + Intelligent
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting – Kent State University
- Master of Taxation – The University of Akron
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- National Social Security Advisor
- Akron Tax Club
- Akron Tax & Estate Council
- University Hospital Portage Medical Center – Trustee, Secretary/Treasurer
- Portage County Parks Commissioner
- Northeast Ohio Community Education Foundation – Treasurer
- United Way of Portage County – Income Advisory Committee
- United Church of Christ – Ravenna Scholarship Committee
- Ravenna Chamber of Commerce – Past Treasurer