“Healthy growth is growing at a steady pace and achieving financial independence.”
MY CLIENT PHILOSOPHY: As a trusted advisor, sounding board and friend, the best part of my job is making my clients happy and saving them money. I’m proud to say that many of my clients become my friends.
NOTABLE SUCCESSES: By applying the passive activity rules, I have been highly successful at saving my clients millions of dollars.
PROVEN TRACK RECORD: Throughout my 27 years of professional accounting experience with AGP, I have been able to leverage my skill and expertise to foster healthy, sustainable growth and help my clients achieve great success.
OUT OF THE OFFICE, YOU’LL FIND ME: Golfing at Portage Country Club and going to my son’s and daughter’s sporting activities.
ON MY BUCKET LIST: Golf at Augusta. Travel to outer space. Travel around the world.
What are some issues within your specialty that are commonly overlooked or not addressed by clients? Like-kind exchange on sale of real estate is one that is often missed. You can defer the tax on the gain, but many people are not aware of this type of transaction.
What are some of the most pressing issues facing your clients today and how do you add value in helping them tackle them? As my clients grow, succession planning becomes an important issue. As trusted advisors, we are uniquely able to help them with the transfer and transition of a business to the next generation.
MORE ABOUT IVAN MAHOVLIC
Social + Good listener + Technical + Mentor + Curious
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – John Carroll University
- Master of Taxation — University of Akron
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Home Builders Association
- American Subcontractors Association
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Northeast Ohio Apartment Association
- Rosemont Country Club Board of Directors