“Healthy growth is helping entrepreneurs create sustainable businesses.”
MY GROWTH STRATEGY: You can’t be afraid to take the time to explore all aspects of a client issue. A good professional builds a level of trust that allows a client to be comfortable in sharing sensitive information.
WHAT DRIVES ME: Hearing a true American success story never gets old. I chose business valuation and financial analysis as a career because it provides the unique opportunity to understand how businesses succeed in a competitive world. I love to hear how an individual takes an idea from their garage to impacting the lives of many in the community and even the world.
CLIENT SUCCESSES: One of many memorable client successes was one of my first jury trials which largely rested on my analysis of the damages related to the violation of a noncompete agreement. It resulted in my client receiving a $350,000 monetary judgment.
PROVEN TRACK RECORD: I’ve completed nearly 1,000 valuations of closely held businesses which have resulted in the successful sale of the business or my being accepted as a credible witness at trial.
UNIQUE INSIGHT: I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio so I like to think that I possess the same Midwest values that make this such a great place to work and live.
WHEN I’M NOT AT WORK: You’ll find me hiking with my wife and daughters in the Cuyahoga National Park. I also have a love-hate relationship with the game of golf that I’m working out on the course.
ON MY BUCKET LIST: Spending the night at the bottom of the Grand Canyon has been crossed off the list. Leaving Las Vegas with more money than I came with is still on it.
What are some areas often overlooked by businesses? Having a business valuation expert with experience and integrity are critically important. These qualities are cornerstones to developing a business valuation or economic damage conclusion that is seen as credible by tiers of fact.
What are the pressing issues facing businesses right now? Many of our clients are business owners who after a lifetime of work are looking to retire or transition their business to the next generation. Our business valuation services help them understand the value they have built and in many cases lead to the successful completion of the single largest transaction of their lifetime.
MORE ABOUT JASON BOGNIARD
Perseverance + Levelheaded + Analytical + Understanding + Dedicated
- Business Valuation
- Economic Damage Calculation
- Litigation Consulting
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Education & Designation
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance – Ohio University
- Master of Business Administration, Finance – Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management
- Enrolled Agent
- American Society of Appraisers – Accredited Senior Appraiser
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts – Certified Valuation Analyst
- The Center for Principled Family Advocacy
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors
- Autism Society of Greater Akron – Past Board Member, Treasurer, and Vice Chair
- Young Professionals of Akron – Past Founding Board Member
- Torchbearers – Past Board Member
- Imagine Akron Kindergarten Academy – Past Board Member