“Healthy growth is smart, strategic and sustainable growth of your business.”
MY GROWTH STRATEGY: In my role at Apple Growth Partners, I work closely with small business owners as their trusted advisor. I listen to their business needs and take the time to truly understand their operation. I am committed to providing proactive and timely service with good communication along the way so there are no surprises. I care about my clients and will fight hard for them to save money and help their business grow.
NOTABLE CLIENT SUCCESSES: I excel in developing great relationships with my clients, listening to them, and truly understanding their business. This enables me to advise them on key tax savings and business planning ideas. I was able to assist a client who was having issues securing additional financing obtain a $750,000 line of credit with a new bank which helped them fuel expansion and grow to have their best year in their history in 2015. A few examples of identifying major tax savings opportunities for clients include: A contractor that we successfully changed long term contract accounting methods for was able to save approximately $850,000 in tax in 2015. For another client we were able we were able to apply the new IRS repair regulations on capitalization vs. expense to their situation and were able to realize a loss of approximately $570,000 for assets that were incorrectly capitalized in previous years by their prior accounting firm.
OUT OF THE OFFICE: You’ll find me engaged in activities with my family. I love to golf and I’m an avid Cleveland sports fan.
ON MY BUCKET LIST: Travel to Italy to see where some of my ancestors came from and tour the beautiful country.
PRIDE AND JOY: My wife, Shannon, and I are parents to three beautiful children – Jay, Anthony and Mya.
What are some areas often overlooked by your clients? Business succession planning. This is important to the continuity of the business for future generations and also to provide an eventual exit strategy for the business owner.
What are the pressing issues facing your clients today and how do you add value in helping tackle them? There are several:
- Taxes for small business owners – we use the healthy growth checklist and identify planning opportunities for tax savings;
- Finding the right people for key management positions such as controllers and chief financial officers;
- Succession planning; and
- Helping them navigate through the very complex Affordable Care Act.
MORE ABOUT JOHN VALLE
Professional + Proactive + Timely + Positive Attitude + Hardworking
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting – University of Akron
- Master of Taxation – University of Akron
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Summit County Historical Society Board of Directors
- Community Leadership Institute Spring 2015 – A program of Leadership Akron
- University of Akron, Junior Advisory Board member – Alumni
- OSCPA Accounting for Kids – Volunteer
- United Way Volunteer – Day of Caring
- Habitat for Humanity – Volunteer