“Healthy Growth is sustainable growth that is planned for and well orchestrated.”
MY GROWTH STRATEGY: My philosophy of working with clients is to be a good listener and truly understand their needs. Comprehending the entire picture helps me provide the best guidance and take my role past the compliance piece to become a trusted advisor.
CLIENT SUCCESSES: I chose to specialize in taxation because I enjoy advising my clients on ways to save money through thoughtful and dynamic tax planning strategies. The most gratifying part of working with clients is when I can save them money on taxes and simplify complicated tax situations for them. My greatest successes in client savings have been through tax planning strategies including cost segregation, structuring Like kind exchanges and calculating R&D credits.
OUT OF THE OFFICE: I enjoy hiking/biking on the towpath trail, practicing yoga, and cheering on Cleveland sports teams. I also enjoy traveling and learning about new cultures. In the Fall of 2014, I worked abroad with an accounting firm in London, England to gain additional international experience. While in London, I advised clients on the complex tax laws related to owning foreign assets and having U.S. citizenship while living abroad. I have been able to apply this knowledge to my client base in the U.S. as well. It also afforded me the opportunity to meet key contacts overseas to assist with client issues as needed.
What are some areas that are often overlooked by businesses? State and local taxation are commonly not addressed. This is particularly important for clients operating in multiple states, as it can be a huge audit risk if overlooked. As an advisor, I can analyze which states have nexus and advise the client which filings may be required.
MORE ABOUT KATHY KEYLOR
Caring + Passionate + Responsive + Good listener + Pleasant
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting – Kent State University
- Master of Taxation – University of Akron
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- One of A Kind Pet Rescue – Past Board of Directors
- Torchbearers – Class of 2012, 2014 Events Committee Co-chair
- 2015 Chair – ARC Acts of Courage hospitality committee Destination College – Volunteer
- Read to me Day – Volunteer
- Akron Beacon Journal Tax Hotline – Volunteer