“Healthy Growth is sustainable growth.”
MY GROWTH STRATEGY: Helping clients learn about compliance requirements and improve their processes is my favorite part of the growth process. I enjoy working with a wide variety of clients and working closely with them until we get the job done. Being an auditor allows me to obtain an in-depth understanding of each of my clients as I help them identify and resolve issues. I treat each of my clients with respect and try to get to know them all on a personal level.
CLIENT SUCCESSES: I recently helped new clients learn the fiduciary responsibility related to their employee benefit plans. Clients saw our team as a resource and not as a hindrance to their daily business.
PROVEN TRACK RECORD: I was able to help a client on a fraud case identify their losses by analyzing years of data and performing calculations. While doing this, I was also able to identify and provide the client with internal control suggestions.
OUT OF THE OFFICE: You’ll find me chasing around my soon-to-be toddler and volunteering with Torchbearers, which has been a great way to learn about and give back to Akron-area organizations.
ON MY BUCKET LIST: I love traveling! I’ve been extremely fortunate to have been able to travel to Hong Kong, Singapore, England, France, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands and Italy. I look forward to exploring more of Europe and Asia.
HIDDEN TALENT: I can speak Cantonese fluently.
What are some areas that are often overlooked by businesses? Effective internal controls is an area that is often overlooked or not addressed. A client may have had an internal control assessment performed several years ago, but with personnel changes, responsibilities may have been reallocated amongst employees and duties may not be properly segregated. It is important to have efficient controls as it will prevent, detect and deter fraud.
MORE ABOUT SUSAN BURNOSKI
Loyal + Trustworthy + Responsible + Understanding + Fair
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting — Case Western Reserve University
- Master of Accountancy – Case Western Reserve University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Torchbearers Akron – Member (2012-present); Service Committee Vice Chair (2013)
- Greater Akron Musical Association – Trustee (2012 – present)
- Case Young Accountancy Advisory Board – Member (2012 to present)
- Case Weatherhead Alumni Association – Chaired 2012 and 2013 Akron networking events
- Cleveland Dragon Boat Association – Volunteer & Race Participant (2010 – 2012)
Awards & Honors
- Greater Akron Chamber 30 for the Future, 2016