Fraud Investigation & Forensic Accounting
When financial misconduct has occurred in a business, personal, or trust/estate setting, having a qualified and experienced forensic accountant help determine the extent of the fraud is invaluable. Forensic accounting allows businesses to investigate suspected fraudulent behavior through financial analysis, allowing them to detect issues and build a case for any legal proceedings.
These services include:
- Investigating and analyzing financial evidence
- Conducting investigative interviews
- Developing various applications to assist in the analysis and presentation of financial evidence
- Communicating findings in the form of reports, exhibits, and collections of documents
- Assisting in legal proceedings, including testifying in court as an expert witness and preparing visual aids to support trial evidence
Our team includes auditors, certified fraud examiners and certified public accountants whose collective experience covers a wide range of fraud engagements. We work closely with you to create a cost-efficient plan at the outset of an engagement to minimize the impact on your financial resources and provide the insight that is required to understand what happened. Our team is ready to assist you in creating preventative controls to reduce the risk of fraud.
Most business partnerships begin with the best of intentions and shared visions of the future. However, as time passes interests can diverge and trust can be lost. When it’s time to sever a business partnership the process can be fraught with emotion and hard feelings. AGP’s business valuation team has participated in hundreds of shareholder dispute resolutions and provided the independent business valuation that can serve as the basis for the monetary payment between ex-business partners. If needed, our team has the experience to defend our fair market value opinions in court.
Economic Damage Opinions
Litigation can arise from contractual or business disputes. AGP can provide expert opinions on lost profits or economic damages from contract breaches, trade secret disclosure and intellectual property challenges in cases like these.
Our economic damages experts review documents, conduct management interviews and perform economic and industry research to construct a financial model to express the monetary damages in a report used during evidence presentation or through expert testimony at trial. Gathering this value opinion from an independent source such as the economic damages experts at Apple Growth Partners – can determine litigation strategy, improve negotiating positions or even optimize the outcome of a trial.
Fairness & Solvency Opinions
Corporate mergers, acquisitions, sales, financing and refinancing are subject to intense scrutiny by creditors, stockholders, and regulators. The opinion of an independent expert is critical to the deal moving forward or providing assurance to creditors in a bankruptcy proceeding. Our professionals can provide objective, independent fairness and solvency opinions to ensure you have the protection you need. The result is an opinion that will stand up in any courtroom or boardroom, and put fiduciaries in a position to make the most effective business judgments.
Expert Witness Testimony
AGP provides sound opinions and analysis backed by documented, attestable support. Our team provides expert witness testimony in the Akron and Cleveland region in the areas of:
- Antenuptial agreement (appreciation) analysis
- Asset tracing analysis
- Business valuation
- Contract disputes
- Economic damages
- Entity & income equalization
- Forensic accounting
- Generally accepted accounting principles
- Gift & estate tax consequences
- Income tax consequences
- Intellectual property valuations
- Marital dissolution
- Patent infringement
- Professional malpractice (defense)
- Shareholder disputes
- Tax fraud
- Trade secret infringement
We have testified as expert witnesses in both bench and jury trials in the following courts:
- United States District Court
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- Ohio County Courts of Common Pleas (Domestic Relations, Probate and Civil)
- Allen, Ashland, Ashtabula, Columbiana, Crawford, Franklin, Geauga, Hamilton, Holmes, Huron, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Sandusky, Stark, Summit, and Tuscarawas counties
- State Common Pleas Courts
- Nevada, Florida, and Louisiana