Our firm’s mission is only possible through our employees. We are committed to fostering a culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and personal growth. We offer generous benefits and PTO, as well as flexible hours and the option to choose where you work best, whether that be in the office or at home.
We’re always looking for top talent to join our team – explore our open careers.
Audit Senior Associate
Apple Growth Partners is a customer-focused regional Certified Public Accounting and Advisory Firm, providing expert consultation to clients for more than 75 years; with offices in Akron and Cleveland.
We are known as leaders in the development of our staff and we pride ourselves on working with each and every staff member on their career development and growth plans.
We have an opportunity for a dynamic individual who is looking to use their skills in an entrepreneurial professional services firm as a Senior Associate. As a Senior Associate you will supervise the field work of Associates and take lead management and supervisory roles in various assurance and audit-related client engagements and projects, develop and supervise staff, preparing more complex pieces of the audit; and assisting in client management and practice development activities.
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation, or review engagement
- Plans, schedules and staffs engagements using firm policies and procedures
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness
- Identifies issues and recommends creative solutions to complex client issues
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff
- Adherence to engagement time budgets and communicating to staff
- Supervises team and provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports prepared by engagement team
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise
- Ensures that financial statements, tax returns, and letters of recommendations are prepared in accordance with professional and firm standards
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to client
To qualify, candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in public or private accounting or auditing
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects
- Team player with strong analytical skills and a keen attention to detail
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list