Our firm’s mission is only possible through our employees. We are committed to fostering a culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and personal growth. We offer generous benefits and PTO, as well as flexible hours and the option to choose where you work best, whether that be in the office or at home.
We’re always looking for top talent to join our team – explore our open careers.
Apple Growth Partners is a customer-focused, regional business advisory firm of Certified Public Accountants and industry experts serving growth-oriented, privately owned businesses for over 80 years.
We are known as leaders in the development of our staff, and we pride ourselves on working with each and every staff member on their career development and growth plans.
Performs general accounting work under close supervision with responsibilities increasing relative to demonstrated skill level.
Junior or Senior accounting major who has an understanding of basic accounting and tax concepts and principles
- Basic understanding of accounting and tax concepts and principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of software programs including Word, Excel, and general computer abilities.
- Displays high degree of personal ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrates the ability to achieve both personal and professional goals.
- Complete tasks as assigned by the supervisor or in-charge, task assignments are based on experience as determined by the supervisor.
- Practice effective communication when completing all tasks.
- Completes 1040 Personal Tax Returns
- Identify problem areas in the engagement that need to be discussed with supervisor.
- Develop efficient work habits to ensure that work is completed timely and accurately.
- Behave maturely and in a business-like manner.
- Comply with firm practice management procedures and systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of firm
- Follow regulations and professional ethics of the AICPA.
DIRECT LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Tax Program Software (ProFx)
- Exposure to personal and small business tax filings
- 1099 process
- Completing 1040 Personal Tax Returns
- Tax Laws, Compliance & Independence Laws
- Work Papers for Clients and Procedures for Maintaining & Storing
- Microsoft Programs including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Reporting time and understanding firm billing system
- Completing projects on a deadline
- Operating in a corporate/professional environment
- Interacting with clients (minimal)
“OBSERVATION” LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Integration of functional areas of business (Human Resources, Marketing, Accounting, Technology, etc.)
- Importance of communication between all levels of the organization (Staff, Principals, Executive Assistants, etc.)
- Daily roles of a variety of organizational positions (COO, Executive Assistant, File Clerk, HR Manager, Marketing Director, etc.)
- Importance of organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Importance and role of planning within an organization
- Importance of continuous learning and being up to date on tax / accounting laws
- Importance of relationships with other organizations (i.e., Banks, Law Firms, Community Service Organizations)
EXPECTATIONS FOR INDEPENDENT LEARNING
- Self-Starter that takes the initiative to ask questions.
- Ability to complete a task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects
- Accountability on projects and reporting time
- Ability to suggest new ideas of making current processes more effective and efficient.
- Ability to apply knowledge learned in classroom to work.
About Apple Growth Partners
Healthy Growth is our mission…for our clients – for our staff – and for our Firm.
We are specialists with backgrounds in accounting, finance, law, business management, and technology. Our services encompass the functional needs of a business; our planning and analyses help businesses plan for and manage growth. Our Healthy Growth Checklist for private businesses helps gauge the need for these services. We are experts in industries important to the Chicago and NE Ohio business community. While we serve clients in numerous industries, we have expertise in serving clients in manufacturing + distribution, professional service firms, construction, real estate, and affordable housing. We have dedicated niche teams in these industries with the unique service offerings clients need. We are Apple Growth Partners.
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list