Our firm’s mission is only possible through our employees. We are committed to fostering a culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and personal growth. We offer generous benefits and PTO, as well as flexible hours and the option to choose where you work best, whether that be in the office or at home.
We’re always looking for top talent to join our team – explore our open careers.
Audit Senior Manager
Apple Growth Partners is a customer-focused, regional Certified Public Accounting and Business Advisory firm serving growth-oriented, privately owned businesses for over 75 years.
We are known as leaders in the industry and we pride ourselves on working with each and every staff member on their career development and growth plans.
As a Senior Audit Manager you will be the liaison between the partner, the client, and the professional staff. Senior Managers are responsible for managing multiple auditing and accounting projects and client engagements simultaneously, and scheduling, staffing, and coordinating engagement workflow. Senior Managers develop and train staff, and make associations to develop new business for the firm. As partners-in-training, senior managers are involved in almost all of the areas for which partners are responsible. A large part of this role will include lead generation, including networking, client engagement and developing referral resources.
- Demonstrates a high level of technical proficiency and an understanding of business issues relating to complex transactions
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation, or review engagement
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client’s business
- Plans, schedules and staffs engagements using firm policies and procedures
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness
- Skilled at preparing complex client correspondence including recommendations, technical issues, proposals, etc.
- Demonstrates an awareness of current business developments and the ability to determine the impact to a client’s business
- Identifies issues and recommends creative solutions to complex client issues
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the audit department
- Manage all staff activities, including staffing/recruiting/interviewing, mentoring, performance reviews, scheduling work, etc.
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff
- Adherence to engagement time budgets and communicating to staff
- Supervises team and provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports prepared by engagement team
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise
- Ensures that financial statements, tax returns, and letters of recommendations are prepared in accordance with professional and firm standards
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to client
- Continues to develop and expand the “off season” expertise and has notable successes in delivering the service to clients
- Effectively identifies opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements
- Recognizes the opportunity of providing new and innovative products and services, and demonstrates the ability to develop and sell such products
- Actively participates in proposals, at the direction of the partner and take a lead role in responding to request for proposals and asking any prospects questions.
- Actively seek out networking opportunities and develop a network of referral resources
- Identify outside business contacts through industry associations, social media, charitable organizations, etc.
To qualify, candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; has a thorough understanding of the accounting and tax concepts and principles, obtained CPA certification 5+ years of progressive public accounting audit experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in public or private accounting or auditing
- Demonstrated ability to bring in new business to a CPA firm
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects
- Team player with strong analytical skills and a keen attention to detail
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list