Our firm’s mission is only possible through our employees. We are committed to fostering a culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and personal growth. We offer generous benefits and PTO, as well as flexible hours and the option to choose where you work best, whether that be in the office or at home.
We’re always looking for top talent to join our team – explore our open careers.
Job Title: Assistant Director of Finance
Reports To: Senior Director of Finance
Division / Department: Operations / Finance
Exemption Status: Exempt
Supports as needed: Sr. Dir. Of Finance, Finance Specialist – AP & Billing, Finance Specialist – AR, Payroll Specialist and Operating Committee
Location: In office (at any AGP office location) or hybrid (office/remote) or fully remote
Job Type: Full-time
AGP is a growing company which consists of professional services individuals focused in the areas of strategic business advisory, tax, audit & assurance, and business valuation experts. Our firm is unique in that we are whole heartedly committed to taking care of our people, our clients, and our communities through authenticity, exceptional service, and taking care of each other. In taking care of each other, we provide excellent benefits and empower our employees to be self-aware, accountable and do their best work.
This position requires an experienced professional with a high desire to work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, coaching colleagues, and promoting open and honest communication. And above all else, we look for candidates that have the courage to do the right thing and be a leader our people can look up to.
The Assistant Director of Finance reports directly to the Senior Director of Finance and supports the finance and accounting team which manages all company finances. The ideal candidate is a seasoned accounting professional with strong analytical capabilities, excellent communication skills, a critical thinker having a strong business acumen, including an understanding of the cycles and management of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. Additionally, this position supports executive management and other colleagues in assessing and improving the organization’s financial data and assisting with cross-functional special projects, as needed.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly financial statement to include analyzing variance to budget discrepancies and identifying discrepancy solutions
- Strong understanding of accounting systems (i.e., time tracking, utilization reports, etc.,), analytical reporting, and processes; provides recommendations for areas where process improvement and efficiencies can be adopted
- Preparation and consolidating financial statements
- Prepare reports and analyze firm data using advanced Excel tools (macros, PivotTable, etc.) and Power BI to help leadership with decision making.
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls
- Providing monthly, quarterly and year-end analyses
- Coordinating or assisting with the budget process, including engaging with functional leaders during annual budget planning process and budget reviews throughout the fiscal year
- Researches and ensures accounting issues are in compliance with GAAP
- Analyze and report cost variances
- Serves as a liaison to external auditors and/or financial compliance requests
- Supervises and is a back up to accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting functions
- Works collaboratively with the accounting team to ensure strong internal controls and policies
- Provides accounting support to Senior Director of Finance on all financial/accounting related items
- Coordinates and assists with all insurance renewals and survey
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations and best practices.
- Self-driven individual that is highly proficient with data analysis, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of or experience with data analysis preferred
- Excellent communication style and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency with financial management software.
- Advanced Computer Skills: Knowledge of and skills in a variety of software packages including QuickBooks, Microsoft Office software; specifically, Excel.
- Customer focused and team oriented, high integrity and honesty.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
Summary Education and Experience Required
Any combination of education and experience, which would likely produce the necessary knowledge and abilities, is qualifying. An example of acceptable qualifications would be:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Professional certification preferred in 1 or more of the following: CPA, CMA, or CFM
· 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance or a related field.
· Job history of entry-level roles and advancement into more complex positions with leadership opportunities.
· CCH software experience is a plus.
· Practical training or experience in an Audit or CPA firm is beneficial.
The Akron, OH AGP office is our headquarter location and this position would thrive in an environment amongst their peers and colleagues. A hybrid or in office work location is preferred however, this position is eligible for our work from anywhere environment which allows individuals in this role to determine where they work best.
The employee regularly must be able to complete the following activities during his/her job: walking, talking, typing, hearing within normal ranges, and repetitive motion.
Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable);
Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Apple Growth Partners has declared and enforces a policy of providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to ensure that employees are selected, developed, and promoted based upon the individual’s ability and job performance. In conjunction with the objectives of the policy and in accordance with the various local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations applicable to equal employment opportunity, AGP is committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category on the following basis:
• Recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting persons in all job titles, without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category.
• Basing decisions on employment so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.
• Ensuring that promotion decisions are in accord with principles of equal employment opportunity by imposing only valid requirements on promotional opportunities.
• Ensuring that personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, Firm sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, social, and recreation programs are administered without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category.
EMPLOYEES WITH SUGGESTIONS OR UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS RELATING TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT SHOULD FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list