Our firm’s mission is only possible through our employees. We are committed to fostering a culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and personal growth. We offer generous benefits and PTO, as well as flexible hours and the option to choose where you work best, whether that be in the office or at home.
We’re always looking for top talent to join our team – explore our open careers.
Apple Growth Partners is a customer-focused, regional business advisory firm of Certified Public Accountants and industry experts serving growth-oriented, privately owned businesses for over 75 years.
We have an opportunity for a dynamic individual who is looking to use their skills in an entrepreneurial professional services firm as a Tax Manager. The Tax Manager is responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax services for multiple clients. Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise; review of complex tax returns; developing and managing staff; and working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities.
- Review complicated or complex income tax returns including C-Corp., S-Corp., partnership, and individual clients
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated abilities in developing, managing, and nurturing client relationships
- Review and manage annual projections for both individuals and businesses
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to research tax matters
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, ensure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively
- Consult, work with, and service client to make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client
- Meet with clients for planning and preparation needs
- Continues to develop and expand the “off season” expertise and has notable successes in delivering the service to clients
- Effectively identifies opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements
- Recognizes the opportunity of providing new and innovative products and services, and demonstrates the ability to develop and sell such products
- Actively participates in proposals, at the direction of the partner and take a lead role in responding to request for proposals and asking any prospects questions.
- Actively seek out networking opportunities and develop a network of referral resources
- Identify outside business contacts through industry associations, social media, charitable organizations, etc.
To qualify, candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Masters of Taxation is a plus
- CPA required
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of progressive tax experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, technical and tax accounting/technology skills with keen attention to detail
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list