Our firm’s mission is only possible through our employees. We are committed to fostering a culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and personal growth. We offer generous benefits and PTO, as well as flexible hours and the option to choose where you work best, whether that be in the office or at home.
We’re always looking for top talent to join our team – explore our open careers.
Job Title: Front Desk/Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Senior Director of Human Resources with additional direction from the Assistant Director of Tax Operations
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Supports as needed: Akron and Canton Office Employees; Beachwood office as needed (remotely)
Location: Akron, OH
Job Type: Full-time
The Front Desk/Administrative Assistant is our client’s first contact when arriving to the Akron AGP office. The position’s primary role is to serve as our guests' first point of contact and manage all aspects of our reception and common areas. The front desk/administrative assistant reports directly to the Sr. Director of Human Resources and supports the entire Akron office. The ideal candidate must have a customer focused mindset, enjoy interacting with people, and have the ability to make our guests feel appreciated and welcomed. This position will also learn aspects of our tax and audit departments and will play an integral role in providing administrative support to the tax processing workflow.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
· General Reception & Administrative:
- Phone management to include receiving incoming calls, transferring them where applicable
- Ability to assist with staff event scheduling and coordination
- Monitors and administers fax functions: electronically for staff, and monitor the efax mailbox and forward faxes accordingly
- Answer the front door buzzer and direct visitors to appropriate destination
- Open and close the front office each day. Lock doors and turn out lights in the foyer. Set alarm if the last one on the floor.
- Maintain front desk petty cash
· General Office:
- Office mail management: assemble (project based), sort and deliver mail, coordinate shipping and tracking for certified mail, FedEx, USPS, courier, etc. and manage mail machine and postage.
- Maintain and organize mailroom and employee mailboxes
- Assists with meeting room arrangements (to include meals coordination if necessary) and teleconferences
- Maintains conference rooms and common areas
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining necessary office supplies for Akron office
- Assist maintenance supervisor with the coordination of service calls when needed for water coolers, postage machine, ice machine, dishwashers, etc.
· Professional Services Administrative:
- Document scanning: scans incoming documents into software for tax preparation
- Assists professional services team members with data entry into a variety of software as needed
- Mail audit confirmations as needed. Scan returned ones to the appropriate person
- Assists with document delivery through company portal, email during tax season
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of and skills in a variety of software packages including Excel, Word
- Strong organizational skills along with effective time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be team oriented with a high level of integrity and honesty
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Problem solving, and ability to ask questions to manager
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
SUMMARY EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Any combination of education and experience, which would likely produce the necessary knowledge and abilities, is qualifying. An example of acceptable qualifications would be:
- 1 plus years of general office administrative and front desk experience
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
Approximately 100% of the job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions
The employee regularly must be able to complete the following activities in the course of his/her job: walking, talking, typing, hearing within normal ranges, and repetitive motion
Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Apple Growth Partners has declared and enforces a policy of providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to ensure that employees are selected, developed, and promoted based upon the individual’s ability and job performance. In conjunction with the objectives of the policy and in accordance with the various local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations applicable to equal employment opportunity, AGP is committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category on the following basis:
• Recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting persons in all job titles, without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category.
• Basing decisions on employment so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.
• Ensuring that promotion decisions are in accord with principles of equal employment opportunity by imposing only valid requirements on promotional opportunities.
• Ensuring that personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, Firm sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, social, and recreation programs are administered without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category.
EMPLOYEES WITH SUGGESTIONS OR UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS RELATING TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT SHOULD FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list