Our firm’s mission is only possible through our employees. We are committed to fostering a culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and personal growth. We offer generous benefits and PTO, as well as flexible hours and the option to choose where you work best, whether that be in the office or at home.
We’re always looking for top talent to join our team – explore our open careers.
Job Title: Transaction Advisory Services (Senior Associate or Manager Level)
Reports To: Principal – Director of Advisory Services
Division / Department: Professional Services / Advisory
Exemption Status: Exempt
Supports as needed: Advisory Team projects and initiatives
Location: Hybrid or In-Office - Akron, Canton and Beachwood, Ohio
Job Type: Full-time
AGP’s advisory services team is a growing, client-facing group of strategic individuals focused on seeing the unimaginable, collaborating with clients to deliver world class solutions and transform their business for growth, sale, or the next chapter of their legacy. Our firm is committed to our people, our clients, and our communities through authenticity, world-class service, and taking care of each other. In taking care of each other, we provide excellent benefits and empower our employees to choose where they work best.
As accountants, advisors, and consultants working day-in and day-out with closely held organizations, private equity investors, and investment banks, our advisory services team knows where to look for potential opportunities and pitfalls in any transaction and offer solutions throughout the process. Our Advisory Services Team plays an important role with many of our clients, which has resulted in the need to grow the team.
This position requires a high-energy, experienced professional, with an appetite to grow professionally, a clear track record of understanding the transaction lifecycle, and the ability to lead teams in delivering high quality client experiences. An ideal candidate will also have the curiosity to understand the clients’ businesses and the rational for their strategic ambition. We look for candidates that have a high desire to work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, coaching colleagues, and promoting open and honest communication. And above all else, we look for candidates that have the courage to do the right thing and be a leader our people can look up to.
The Transaction Advisory Services role reports directly to the Principal - Director of Advisory Services and works closely with all the members of the Professional Services team (departments: tax, audit & advisory, quality control, and business valuation). The position qualifies for our work from anywhere program.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage and conduct financial advisory due diligence in buy-side and sell-side transactions.
- Plan, prepare, and lead the preparation of client deliverables including excel data books, analysis, financial statement recasting, reports, presentations and discussion materials.
- Review target company financial information and other data to identify:
o Historical and projected financial, operating, and commercials trends.
o Quality of Earnings
o Working capital and net debt considerations.
o Potential liabilities and risks with impact valuation and negotiation of the target company.
- Identify pre- and post-acquisition transaction issues in the context of financial due diligence.
- Identify purchase price reductions, deal restructuring, or other issues affecting a transaction.
- Manage preparation of reports on Quality of Earnings, Working Capital, and other transaction related analysis.
- Manage, develop, and evaluate staff.
- Project manage teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within AGP to form multi-disciplinary teams
- Communicate effectively with clients, target company management, investment bankers and other client advisors on a transaction.
- Contribute to staff training programs, development of transaction advisory practice aids, and to adherence to practice compliance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent business writing, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to utilize network and industry relationships to identify business development opportunities.
- Ability to initiate, develop, and maintain strong client relationships.
- Strong ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Expert ability to effectively work independently or collaboratively amongst various teams with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Self-driven individual that is highly proficient with data analysis, critical thinking, and problem solving while being able to propose effective resolutions within the context of the transaction.
- Ability to withhold highly confidential information at all times.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication style and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting areas such as US GAAP.
- Customer focused and team oriented, high level of integrity and honesty.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Computer skills requirement: must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Summary Education and Experience Required
Any combination of education and experience, which would likely produce the necessary knowledge and abilities, is qualifying. An example of acceptable qualifications would be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or other relevant field
- Professional certification in 1 or more of the following: CPA, CFA, CA or CFM
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting experience, required, financial assurance role and experience is a plus.
- 1+ years of TAS experience preferred
This position is preferred to either work primarily from one of AGP’s office locations or work hybrid between remote and office. This position will frequently visit client locations. Travel may be required based on client demands and when the individual feels it is safe to do so (specifically related to COVID-19)
The employee regularly must be able to complete the following activities during his/her job: walking, talking, typing, hearing within normal ranges, and repetitive motion.
Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable);
Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Apple Growth Partners has declared and enforces a policy of providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to ensure that employees are selected, developed, and promoted based upon the individual’s ability and job performance. In conjunction with the objectives of the policy and in accordance with the various local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations applicable to equal employment opportunity, AGP is committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category on the following basis:
• Recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting persons in all job titles, without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category.
• Basing decisions on employment so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.
• Ensuring that promotion decisions are in accord with principles of equal employment opportunity by imposing only valid requirements on promotional opportunities.
• Ensuring that personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, Firm sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, social, and recreation programs are administered without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information or any other protected category.
EMPLOYEES WITH SUGGESTIONS OR UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS RELATING TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT SHOULD FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list